However you imagine the postpartum period, you don't have to do it alone.
Postpartum doulas are specialists in supporting families through the transition in to parenthood. They come to you following your birth and provide education, non-judgmental support, and companionship. The doula will assist with newborn care, helping you get settled with your newest family member, assisting with meal preparation, and light household tasks.We never want you to feel overwhelmed or lonely! Postpartum doulas offer evidence-based information on breast or bottle feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, infant soothing, and coping skills for new parents. Our role is to help ensure your adjustment is as smooth and worry-free as possible, and to help you get a good night's sleep.
When you hire a Heritage Birth postpartum doula, here's what you can expect:
- Our postpartum doulas bring their experience, companionship, and emotional support to parents and their newborns while providing physical, educational, and non-judgemental support.
- Your doula's primary focus is on the mother's physical recovery after birth and the baby's adjustment to life outside the womb.
- Our postpartum doulas believe “fed is best” and are well versed in both breastfeeding and bottle-feeding and are happy to help you adjust to either, or both—whatever you'd prefer.
- We pride ourselves in being knowledgeable about recovery after birth: both physical and emotional, sleep guidance, soothing your infant, and general coping skills.
- Your doula is also equipped to assist with meal preparation, light housework, and the general needs of your family during the postpartum period and beyond!
- Every postpartum contract looks different, and we work hard to cater to our families individually. This allows us to best support you in the way that you need.