Are you looking for some extra support for your pregnancy birth and early postpartum period? Our labour doulas provide high quality non-judgemental support for you and your growing family. From the moment we are hired, we are on-call 24/7. If you have a question or need to talk, you never have to feel guilty about calling us at 3 am. Our labour doulas specialize in supporting you by providing continuous educational, physical, and emotional support. If you are unsure of something we can provide you with unbiassed information to help you come to a decision that works best for you and your family.
We can help you know when it’s the right time to head to your birth place and help ensure the environment is as calm and relaxing as the situation will allow. Whatever kind of birth you are working towards, our doulas know comfort measures and non-medical pain management techniques to help you work through contractions like a rock star. We also help ensure your partner has opportunities to run to the washroom, grab a bite to eat or take a little nap without worrying that they're leaving you alone. It’s our goal to really get to know you and your family so we can support you to the best of our abilities, and so you can feel as comfortable and confident as possible leading up to your birth experience.
When you hire a Heritage Birth labour doula, here's what you can expect:
- From the moment you sign a contract, two of our doulas will be on-call 24-7 using our shared call schedule.
- Unlimited phone, text, and email support from the moment we are hired until six weeks postpartum.
- A prenatal meeting: we really want to get to know you and discover how to best support you.
- Unbiased and non-judgemental support for the entirety of your labour. We will meet you wherever you are, whenever you call.
- We will help you get settled after the birth of your newest addition. Whatever you need, we've got your back.
- A postpartum visit: we come to you to see how you're doing, assisting you in whatever you may need.