Book an appointment
Get in Touch
When you hire a Heritage Birth labour doula, here's what you can expect:
- Your doulas will be on-call from the moment you sign our contract: call us whenever you want!
- Unlimited phone, text, and email support from the moment we are hired until six weeks postpartum.
- A prenatal meeting: we really want to get to know you and discover how to best support you.
- Unbiased and non-judgemental support for the entirety of your labour. We will meet you wherever you are, whenever you call.
- We will help you get settled after the birth of your newest addition. Whatever you need, we've got your back.
- A postpartum visit: we come to you to see how you're doing, assisting you in whatever you may need.
Are you looking for some extra support for your pregnancy birth and early postpartum period? Our labour doulas provide high quality non-judgemental support for you and your growing family. From the moment we are hired, we are on-call 24/7. If you have a question or need to talk, you never have to feel guilty about calling us at 3 am. Our labour doulas specialize in supporting you by providing continuous educational, physical, and emotional support. If you are unsure of something we can provide you with unbiassed information to help you come to a decision that works best for you and your family.
We can help you know when it’s the right time to head to your birth place and help ensure the environment is as calm and relaxing as the situation will allow. Whatever kind of birth you are working towards, our doulas know comfort measures and non-medical pain management techniques to help you work through contractions like a rock star. We also help ensure your partner has opportunities to run to the washroom, grab a bite to eat or take a little nap without worrying that they're leaving you alone. It’s our goal to really get to know you and your family so we can support you to the best of our abilities, and so you can feel as comfortable and confident as possible leading up to your birth experience.
However you imagine the postpartum period, you don't have to do it alone.
When you hire a Heritage Birth postpartum doula, here's what you can expect:
- Our postpartum doulas bring their experience, companionship, and emotional support to parents and their newborns while providing physical, educational, and non-judgemental support.
- Your doula's primary focus is on the mother's physical recovery after birth and the baby's adjustment to life outside the womb.
- Our postpartum doulas believe “fed is best” and are well versed in both breastfeeding and bottle-feeding and are happy to help you adjust to either, or both—whatever you'd prefer.
- We pride ourselves in being knowledgeable about recovery after birth: both physical and emotional, sleep guidance, soothing your infant, and general coping skills.
- Your doula is also equipped to assist with meal preparation, light housework, and the general needs of your family during the postpartum period and beyond!
- Every postpartum contract looks different, and we work hard to cater to our families individually. This allows us to best support you in the way that you need.
Postpartum doulas are specialists in supporting families through the transition in to parenthood. They come to you following your birth and provide education, non-judgmental support, and companionship. The doula will assist with newborn care, helping you get settled with your newest family member, assisting with meal preparation, and light household tasks.We never want you to feel overwhelmed or lonely! Postpartum doulas offer evidence-based information on breast or bottle feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, infant soothing, and coping skills for new parents. Our role is to help ensure your adjustment is as smooth and worry-free as possible, and to help you get a good night's sleep.